Creating A Taste
To create a Taste within Distiller you can use either Distiller.com or the Distiller mobile app for iOS or Android.
Creating a Taste using Distiller.com
Here's how to create a Taste on Distiller.com:
- Head to the spirit page for the spirit you want to post a Taste for. If it's missing you can create the page yourself using the Distiller mobile app.
- On the spirit page click the 'I'm Tasting This' button on the top right of the page. It has a checkmark icon next to it.
- On this page you can leave a 0-5 star rating with quarter star increments, tasting notes, cost, currency and vessel type.
- If you'd prefer to keep this Taste to yourself, be sure to check the Private button.
- Click Save.
This Taste can be edited on the spirit page or by heading to your Tastes list on your profile. You can also delete a Taste at any time.
Creating a Taste using the Distiller mobile app
There are two ways you can create a Taste using the Distiller mobile app.
Create a Taste using the universal Taste button
There is a Taste button that is always present no matter which page you're on. It is a glass icon on a gray circle background. On iOS devices this button is in the center of your bottom menu. On Android devices this button is always floating in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Tap the universal Taste button at any time from any page to start a new Taste
- A screen will pop up asking you to choose the spirit you're Tasting. Search for it and select it.
- You can: Set a 0-5 star rating with quarter star increments.
- You can: Write a tasting note. There is no minimum or maximum number of characters.
- You can: Add cost and currency.
- You can: Add a location to this Taste. You'll have to have Location Services enabled for the Distiller app.
- You can: Choose whether this Taste will be Private or Public.
Only one of these items must be filled out for the Taste to be completed, so you can choose to only complete one of them, or you may choose to complete them all.
Create a Taste from a spirit page
On every spirit page within the Distiller mobile app you'll see a button that says 'I'm Tasting This' next to the same Taste icon that you see in the Universal Taste button outlined above.
A new screen will pop up with that spirit already selected.
Follow steps 3-7 above to create your Taste.
Your Tastes can be edited or deleted at any time by going back to the spirit page and selecting the 'Read # User Tastes' button. Your Tastes will be at the top of the page.
You can also edit or delete your Tastes by heading to the Profile page and tapping the Tastes button below your user profile image.